Avery, the leading global manufacturer of printable labels, cards and badges, has acquired a number of name-badge / credentials businesses in recent years. The businesses focus on providing secure credentials for a wide variety of high profile live events, music festivals, sporting and entertainment venues, corporate seminars, conferences and staff passes. Credentials are primarily provided in the form of secure wristbands and badges. We are looking to recruit an EU Business development director to consolidate our presence in these sectors, growing our UK business as well as developing our EU sales footprint. In order to apply for the Business Development Director Role candidates must be able to demonstrate a significant track record of success stretching over a multi-year period with one organisation. They will also have as direct reports our UK Sales Team Leader and European Key account manager.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, pursue leads and follow through to a successful close / agreement
- Understand the target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies can be used to attract clients
- Collaborate with design and sales teams to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Maintain relationships with current clients and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors
- Source opportunities to tender for larger contracts and work with finance, commercial and legal teams in order to submit an outstanding proposal that secures the business
- You will be expected to develop your knowledge and understanding of products, customers and market trends to such an extent that you are regarded as a respected industry expert, contributing to panel discussions at exhibitions and articles for national publications
- Being able to interact at senior level with our largest customers
- Represent company externally in a professional and courteous manner
- Identify opportunities for account growth, e.g. upselling new products, increasing the range of products sold to existing customers, etc
- Ability to lead and guide customers through the best means of providing secure access control for their event, notably converting key accounts to using RFID event credentials
- Coach Sales team leader
- Support EU Key account manager
Sales Leadership role
- Create and implement strategic sales that successfully achieve business objectives
- Monitor competitors’ products, including relevant sales and marketing data
- Develop an operating budget for the sales division that meets business goals
- Use available data to accurately forecast sales and set appropriate performance goals
- Manages sales forecasting, account plan development, development of a robust sales pipeline, contract negotiation and maintenance.
- A proven track record of winning new business to deliver maximum revenue without compromising margin and profitability.
- Client meetings, developing & preparing proposals and presentations
- A strong network of relevant contacts and warm leads
- Delivery of Plan volume, price, revenue and margin targets for the sales team.
- Lead and implement our preferred commercial channel program
- Builds a high performance work team by holding people accountable for their objectives.
- Recruiting new talent and providing coaching and training for the team.
- Open minded, proactive in a fast-moving organisation, passionate, entrepreneurial flair,
- Result driven
- Extremely personable with the ability to capture and hold the attention of anyone and everyone
- Willing to travel to Europe