ID&C Ltd is looking for a new Logistics Manager.
This is a full time, permanent position, with a salary range of £25k-£30k, depending on experience.
About The ID&C Group:
ID&C is an established, award-winning business based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
We manufacture and supply wristbands and accreditation products to leading events all over the world.
In addition to state-of-the-art production machinery in the UK, we have a global supply chain and customer base.
Our level of success up to 2019 attracted the eye of Avery UK, itself a part of CCL Industries, and in January 2020 we were acquired. Considering the subsequent impact of covid-19 on what has been our primary sectors, this was highly fortunate timing.
Backed by CCL, we are now seeking talented individuals to join our fast-paced team to grow the company even more profoundly, breaking all our pre-covid records.
The timing is now perfect for an experienced Logistics Manager to join our dynamic team.
What to expect at ID&C?
- A diverse, energetic, fun working environment
- An intimate, yet global team setting
- To become part of a team immediately, ready on the first day, hitting the ground running
- Teamwork and collaborative working
- To win! We are on an incredible mission in an exciting sector and need someone who will add fuel to the fire from day one
What will you do?
- Broaden the company’s offering by increasing our shipping options while reducing costs
- Maintain uninterrupted shipping, proactively identifying risk due to few or unreliable suppliers
- Manage our shipping carriers and the end-to-end receipt and distribution of all goods
You will be accountable to the Head of Supply Chain for:
- Managing the Logistics team
- Supporting Sales with pricing and quotes, including for non-routine deliveries and air or sea freight
- Increasing our carrier reliability
- Improving our per-kg importing and inward freight costs as a percentage of costs of sales
- Post-Sales management, including dispatching and tracking deliveries, fully integrated with our Purchasing and Operations teams and US office
This is a key role that directly impacts on a customer’s experience of ID&C.
Skills that will help your application:
- Experience of navigating Logistics turbulence caused by covid and Brexit
- Knowledge of commercial codes and incoterms
- Experience of different carriers and same day couriers and contacts on which to draw
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality control
- A strong work ethic with an ability to thrive under pressure
- The motivation to improve an already well-performing Logistics function
You will be:
- A team player by action not by word
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Positive, happy, humble, and honest
- Creative and innovative – adding that little bit of magic
- Want to grow your career
- Live locally – ideally no further than half an hour from Tunbridge Wells
- Be available to commence by 14 June 2021
- Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 3 May 2021
- No agencies need apply, please
- We may not be able to respond to all applicants, but we thank you for your application and time
- We are looking to interview on 13 and 14 May 2021