Avery will never sell your personal information.
Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights:
Any request for a disclosure required under this law should be sent to us via mail to at Avery Products Corp., Attn: CSC/Opt Out, 50 Pointe Drive, Brea, CA 92821. Please note that under this law, Avery is not required to respond to a customer's request more than once in a calendar year, nor is Avery required to respond to any request that is not sent to the email address designated above.
You may also Opt-Out of Marketing Communications from Avery by sending an email to [email protected]. Please include the email address of the account and the first and last name of the account owner. We may contact you for clarifications as part of this process.
Avery will endeavor to honor your request promptly after receipt.
1. Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") is any information that can identify or is linked to a specific individual, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number (including mobile number), email address, credit card number, debit card number, bank account number and other financial account information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, demographic, location and household information, etc. To the extent you voluntarily provide your PII to us, we collect such information. For example, as permitted by law, Avery may collect PII from you when you:
- purchase one of our products or services, such as when you subscribe to our email contact list;
- register to participate in an event sponsored by Avery (such as a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, promotion, survey, etc.);
- enter into a transaction with us, such as ordering a product from Avery through our online store;
- use or interact with a product or service of the Avery Interactive Network;
- provide or share information using a product or service of the Avery Interactive Network;
- send information via message, chat, blog, post or similar functionality using a product or service of the Avery Interactive Network;
- create, share or link personal profile using a product or service of the Avery Interactive Network, including linking or associating your profile on a third-party site or platform with your Avery account; and/or
- submit a request or inquiry to us via the Avery Interactive Network or otherwise, or
- print and save projects using Avery design and print tools (collectively, "Identification Activity").
Engaging in an Identification Activity is a voluntary activity on your part. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, Avery may ask you for certain PII. Depending on the activity, some of the information Avery asks you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some may be identified as optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity which requires it, you will not be able to engage in that activity. In addition, if you use the Avery Interactive Network to send information to another person (e.g., a friend, a family member, etc.), Avery will also collect PII of that other person to the extent disclosed by you.
Aggregate and Anonymous Information ("AAI") is any information that cannot identify or be linked to a specific individual. For example, Avery may collect anonymous group data (demographics, online browsing habits, interests and preferences, etc.) about users of our printing tools and services, users and members of the Avery Interactive Network, etc. (collectively, "Users"). Avery also collects aggregate traffic data pertaining to the Avery Interactive Network, such as: total page views in a given time period; total impressions; average amount of time that Users spend on the Avery Interactive Network (or a part thereof) each time they visit; average amount of time that Users spend on each page of any one or more parts of the Avery Interactive Network; percentage of Users from a certain geographical area, etc. Moreover, Avery may combine "User Activity Information" (as described below) about you and other Users of the Avery Interactive Network to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our Users as a group. Avery also collects location-based information such as zip code, city and state name. In addition, Avery may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names) so as to "anonymize" or "de-personalize" your information.
2. What We Do With the Information
As a general matter, Avery uses information (PII and AAI) collected from and/or about our Users to improve our products and services so that they are appealing to as many people as possible, to administer and maintain operations of the Avery Interactive Network, to offer, market and advertise products and services (including those from third parties outside Avery with whom we do business (collectively, "Business Partners")) to our Users, to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our Users, to personalize user experiences for our Users, and to build a strong community for our Users.
2.1 Avery's Use of Information
2.1.1 Transactional, Administrative, and Customer Relation Purposes
2.1.2 Marketing & Advertising Purposes
(1) Interest-based advertising on the Avery Interactive Network: Avery may use your PII to provide to you interest-based ads (i.e., ads potentially relevant or tailored to your interests) about products and services of Avery and/or our Business Partners. For example, Avery may show ads inside and/or alongside the content you view on Avery.com. Sometimes, these ads are based on the types of products you have purchased or files you have downloaded. However, to make these ads as relevant as possible for you, Avery may infer your interests based on videos you have previously viewed on Avery.com, templates you have downloaded or printed, and may use this information to associate your browser with relevant interest categories and show you ads relevant to your inferred interests. For example, if your prior viewing habits on Avery.com suggest that you are interested in a particular category of products or services, you may see more ads related to that category while on Avery.com.
(2) Email marketing: If you provide your email address or mailing address to Avery (such as by joining one of our mailing lists), such address may be used to send you product and service offers, promotions, and advertisements from Avery and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of Avery’s email marketing.
(3) Mobile marketing: Subject to your prior opt-in consent, Avery may (i) send marketing and advertising messages via SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), etc., to your mobile device and/or (ii) send marketing and advertising emails to your wireless email account, to inform you about product/service offers, promotions, and advertisements from Avery and/or from our Business Partners. See Section 3.2 below regarding how to opt out of our mobile marketing.
2.1.3 Market Research Purposes
Avery may use AAI (including AAI derived from PII) to conduct market research and analysis for ourselves as well as for our Business Partners.
2.2 Disclosure to Third Parties Outside Avery
2.2.1 Disclosure to our Business Partners
Except as set forth below, Avery will never knowingly disclose your PII to a third party.
2.2.2 Disclosure to our Service Providers
Avery may disclose PII and AAI to our outside vendors and contractors who need to access such information in order to perform services (including, without limitation, transaction/payment processing, order fulfillment, contests and sweepstakes administration and prize fulfillment, data research and analysis, data collection and processing, data storage, data security, hosting and technical support for the Avery Interactive Network, and marketing and advertising support) for us (collectively, "Service Providers"). Avery requires that our Service Providers use your information shared by Avery solely for the purposes of performing services for Avery and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information and not further disclose the information to others.
2.2.3 Disclosure under other circumstances
2.2.4 Unrestricted disclosure of AAI
3. Information Access & Opt-Out
3.1 Information Access
If you have an active user account on the Avery Interactive Network, you may access and update your user account information and preferences at any time (subject to the scheduled maintenance of the Avery Interactive Network), by logging into your account and clicking on "My Account" and then changing your preference.
If you do not have an active account on the Avery Interactive Network, or if you have provided your information to Avery offline, you may request to access, delete, update and correct your information as stored by Avery, by sending your request to us at Avery Products Corp., Attn: CSC/Opt Out, 50 Pointe Drive, Brea, CA 92821. Your request will be processed as soon as possible.
You may access a list of the personally identifiable information Avery has in its records about your account on this page. Once you have confirmed your email for your account you will have the option to download your data or request your account and data be deleted.
Avery does not sell your data.
You can opt out of all our marketing uses (including email marketing, mobile email marketing, and mobile message marketing) of your PII by sending your request via email at Avery Products Corp., Attn: CSC/Opt Out, 50 Pointe Drive, Brea, CA 92821.
You may also opt out of marketing communications from Avery by sending an email to [email protected]. Please include the email address of the account and the first and last name of the account owner. We may contact you for clarifications as part of this process.
Avery will endeavor to honor your request promptly after receipt.
In addition, with respect to certain marketing uses of your PII, you may exercise your opt-out choice through the following alternative methods:
- Our email / mobile email marketing (i.e., sending marketing emails (including our newsletters) to your Internet email account or your mobile email account):
- Use the opt-out means (e.g., an "unsubscribe" link) provided in a marketing email that you have previously received from us.
HOWEVER, please note the following:
Avery will retain your PII for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. AAI and AAI may be retained indefinitely.
You may request Avery delete your account on this page. We will send you an email to confirm your request to delete your data at which time your data will be deleted. Please note that the erasure of your data is permanent and irreversible.
4. Protecting Children
Avery takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. All products and services of the Avery Interactive Network are intended for general audiences and are NOT directed to children. Avery does not knowingly permit children under age 13 to register on the Avery Interactive Network for any product or Service. Avery does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information about Users under age 13.
Children under age 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any Personally Identifiable Information to anyone online or through mobile devices. Parents and legal guardians should participate in your child's online and mobile activities and use parental control or other Internet and/or mobile filtering technology to supervise your child's access to the Internet.
6. Data Security
Protecting the security of the Personally Identifiable Information that you share with Avery is of the utmost importance to us. All communication via Web Browser between consumers and Avery are encrypted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. All consumer information is stored in a database in a secured environment which is only accessible by key Avery personnel. Avery utilizes multiple layers of security to protect our consumer data that include firewalls, secure connections, public and private keys and 2 factor authentication.
By providing your email address to Avery (whether on the Avery Interactive Network or otherwise), you acknowledge and agree that Avery may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your Personally Identifiable Information.
Keep your password in a safe place and do not divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or an Internet cafe.