ID&C Ltd is looking for a new Purchasing Assistant.
This is a full time, permanent position, with a salary range of £18k-£20k, depending on experience.
About The ID&C Group:
ID&C is an established, award-winning business based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
We manufacture and supply wristbands and accreditation products to leading events all over the world.
In addition to state-of-the-art production machinery in the UK, we have a global supply chain and customer base.
Our level of success up to 2019 attracted the eye of Avery UK, itself a part of global CCL Industries, and in January 2020 we were acquired. Considering the subsequent impact of covid-19 on what has been our primary sectors, this was highly fortunate timing.
Backed by CCL, we are now seeking talented individuals to join our fast-paced team to grow the company even more profoundly, to break all our pre-covid records.
The timing is now perfect for a Purchasing Assistant to join our dynamic team.
What to expect at ID&C?
- A diverse, energetic, fun working environment
- An intimate, yet global team setting
- To become part of a team immediately, ready on the first day, hitting the ground running
- Teamwork and collaborative working
- To win! We are on an incredible mission in an exciting sector and need someone who will add fuel to the fire from day one
What will you do?
- Purchase Order processing and supplier management in support of Sales
- Maintaining product quality while reducing lead times and costs
- Protect the company’s Operating Income by maintaining downward pressure on errors
You will be accountable to the Purchasing Manager for
- Purchase Order processing and management, including raising, reviewing, and tracking orders with suppliers
- Responding to product queries and calculating custom quote requests from the Sales team, feeding that information into the main price list when required
- Maintaining good supplier relationships
- Raising any errors with suppliers and arranging remakes to be produced in required timeframes
- Feeding back repeat and larger issues
- Manage supplier dispatches to ensure orders are sent on time with the correct shipping option
- Providing a detailed handover to the Logistics team
This is a key role that directly impacts on a customer’s experience of ID&C.
Skills that will help your application:
- A strong work ethic with an ability to thrive under pressure and learn fast
- An exceptional eye for detail and quality control
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise tasks based on the company’s needs
- Excellent communications skills
- A good maths competence
- SAGE 200 or similar experience an advantage (training provided)
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook
You will be:
- A team player by action not by word
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Positive, happy, humble, and honest
- Creative and innovative – adding that little bit of magic
- Want to grow your career
- Live locally – ideally no further than half an hour from Tunbridge Wells
- Be available to commence as soon as possible
- Please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 31 May 2021
- No agencies need apply, please
- We may not be able to respond to all applicants, but we thank you for your application and time